“10 Quick Health Tips (From This Over 40 Chick)”
- Softer skin– Add baby oil to your skin, directly after your shower, before toweling off, and then moisturize. Oil penetrates the skin while most moisturizers, only coat the skin.
- Healthier Glowing Skin -Add good fats to your eating-plan, such as plenty of avocados, almonds, omega, and fish oils. Also, add your daily fresh squeezed lemon juice to your filtered water. Last, what I do also, is use sweet potatoes in my diet. Sweet potatoes are fantastic with enhancing the quality of one’s skin when used both internally and externally.If you don’t believe me then check out http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-sweet-potatoes-for-skin-and-health/ I experienced these results first hand and still do.
- Anti-inflammatory– 2 natural alternatives, for anti-inflammatory effects, that I use are fish oils and asparagus. Yes fish oils. If you need information to back this claim up then feel free to check out this link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16531187
- Relax & Sleep– I use a supplement that helps me sleep deal and stay asleep. Obviously, consult your physician first but this works for me. My mind never shuts up and my workouts tend to keep my engines revved late into the night. I get this product at the Dollar Store.
- Constipation– There is a tea I like and it can be found at the 99cent store. It is called Dieters’ Drink (green box) contains 100% natural tea leaf ” Senna Leaf” I promise you it will make you lighter on your feet. I drink before bedtime and wake up your relief. Maybe TMI but I am giving you the facts with me (consult with your physician)
- No Alcohol, No Problem– Most of the time, I am ok with that, however, sometimes I sure could use a drink to ease my stress or bad mood. For this, I use Kava Kava. (Consult with your doctor first) Check out this link for the details of substituting Kava Kava for alcohol. https://kava.com/alternatives-to-alcohol/
- Weight Loss– Drink at least a gallon of water a day. Follow a nutritional eating plan. Eat every 3-4 hours (small meals). Cut out the sweets (but do have your treats here and there). Start MOVING. Every little bit of activity that you do will enhance your life, will put your body on guess mode to get it to start losing that excess weight, and will help you to lose unwanted fat and inches over time. Consult your physician for a specific diet correct for you. If you eat pretty healthy and naturally, you will lose weight. It is a no brainer and just common sense. As an emotional eater myself, I know how hard it is, however, the best advice is to just keep moving. Keep trying. Don’t give up. Don’t let one day or one bad meal mess up your entire day, or your previous efforts. Although I am challenged constantly, still, my first thought when I wake up is ” Today is a whole new day and a day to get it right “
- Mood Enhancers – for me I know if I go into the Sun and hang out for even ten minutes, it can change my whole day. If I am having a really bad day, I go outside, look up, and feel grateful. I tend to purposely make others feel good about themselves and when they smile, I smile. I teach out and tell others I love them, just because. I take long baths Epsom salt baths with relaxing music and candles. Use my 99cent facial mask and deep condition my hair. If you are a man, then go ahead and do some of this too, who will know? 😉 Walk outside like this (me doing my usual walk in Encinitas) >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfdll7eS3f8 and talk to someone who will listen.I know that is hard to find cause most people prefer to talk about themselves however I am sure there is one friend out there that will listen, for free. (therapist is also a great option obviously) watch a funny movie or videos. Indulge in the presenceOf animals. Dance and listen to music. So good for everyone’s soul no matter what your genre preferences are. And well go ahead and have that dark chocolate. (just a little will go a long way)
- Body Image– this one is simple. WORKOUT. Even after one day in the gym, outside, or in your own home of working out, you will feel so much better about yourself. One release’s serotonin, endorphins, and adrenaline that is your own systems natural mood boosters. Start with a 10-minute walk a day and increase the time as the days go by. Fill your ears with inspiration and motivation. This can be music that pumps you up or tune into your favorite mentors. Mentors- I suggest having in your life professional and nonprofessional mentors. Find someone that appeals to YOU. When you hear their voice it makes you crave more. For me, professionally, this was Jim Rohn. I also adore Darren Hardy. I have personal mentors from my social group as well that I won’t name but I promise you, if you surround yourself with people who can inspire you, you will evolve mentally and physically. Workout with people who motivate and inspire you.(Trainer friend, Matt Franz, helping me on Friday)In https://www.facebook.com/allnattymatty?fref=ts
- Education– Last(should be first), it is never too late to educate, go to college, or learn something new every day. Books that I love and have read are, Richest Man in Babylon, Think and Grow Rich, Control Freak , The Secret, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, The Power, and my favorite motivational writing is The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy. ( basic idea to life is ” everything adds up no matter how small the effort when repeated daily) All of what Jim Rohn has released via CD’s, for audio learning, I have absorbed into my brain. For two years straight, I turned my car into my mobile classroom.
I hope these tips help you all as much as they help me.
Thank you for reading. Written With Love, Mama Friday ❤